Soft29.com : Internet : FTP Software
FTP Commander Pro
The program lets you upload and download data or delete one or more files, including whole folders along with subdirectories.
FTP Commander Pro is simple and easy to use. It's really the bare minimum with no extra frills or thrills. It offers a no-nonsense interface consisting of two side-by-side local computer and FTP server panels. The latter contains a list of about a dozen pre-set FTP servers. It's easy as pie to establish a connection. All you have to do is select the server you want on the list and push the Connect button. Pre-configuring a list of most frequently accessed servers will make your life even easier. An application also enables users to execute two-way file exchanges and activate multiple downloads. FTP Commander Pro also makes it possible to run programs located on local disks, or view documents. The program occupies far less space on hard drives and RAM than other similar paid programs. It also allows you to delete, rename and and copy files, create and delete directories in the FTP server and work in command line mode. A session log file is also available. The program is free for personal, educational and non-commercial use and does not contain any annoying ad banners.
FTP Commander Pro is not only easy to use (you can pick it up in minutes), it's also a very lean application (700kb) - yet has all the features and power of it's "weightier" counterparts. What's more, the latest version of FTP Commander Pro has been translated into 22 languages (Spanish, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Turkish, Brazilian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Norvegian, Slovenian, Slovakian and others). Making it truly global in scope.
Click here to download the user's guide (*.doc)
- Re-start and complete file transfers when the connection has been interrupted - no more time wasted supervising the program during uploads or downloads.
- Automatically try to connect to your FTP server if initial attempts to connect failed.
- Delete one or more files, as well as whole folders and subdirectories - managing remote servers has never been faster and easier.
- Keep the FTP connection when the program is idle. Servers tend to break off the connection automatically when you stop using it for any length of time (often minutes).
- FTP client counteracts this by sending out regular retention prompts to keep you connected.
- Display hidden server directories. Server directories are sometimes hidden from view - FTP Commander Pro's handy directory modification option reveals them.
- Specify both the initial directory you connect to on the FTP server and the local directory you want to upload from (or download to).
- Synchronize directories on local and remote access computers (for comparing modified or new files).
- Automatically assign file transfer parameters according to the type of file being uploaded (parameters can easily be expanded).
But that's not all. FTP Commander Pro includes drag-and-drop file transfer, pop-up help, and a context sensitive menu (called up by right-clicking the mouse). The program is compatible with Proxy, Firewall, Sockets 4, 4.5, and 5. And advanced users can work in command line mode. Plus all commands and control operations can be assigned using the log file.
Corrects user errors
The program will also detect and correct any mistakes you make. Other programs tend to use different input and setting formats to access the FTP server. FTP Commander Pro, on the other hand, was designed to be smart and intelligent. It will enter the right address even if you attempt to connect using any one of the following formats.
If you make a mistake and enter a blank space in the address, the program will automatically remove it from the address, along with any other incorrect symbols, and will insert the right address while the connection is in progress.
Other advantages of FTP Commander Pro include:
- Compatibility with virtually all types of servers.
- Allows you to set a special server response format and a rule for reading the list of server-based files and folders.
- FTP connections you use the most can be saved, allowing you to connect to each one with one click of the mouse.
- Toggles the letter case of files names on both local computers and remote servers - handy if your site contains a link to a file named "vista.gif," but you uploaded it as "Vista.Gif."
Plus you can:
- View files or folders as tables, lists, and as large and small icons.
- Sort data according to date, size, or name - both on local computers and remote servers.
- Use the filter mask to display the files types you want to upload. Type in *.htm or *.html and all you'll see is your web page files. Or type in *.css and all you'll see is your style sheets. Very handy for hiding clutter, like backup files (*.bak), from view.
Try out FTP Commader Pro now - and speed up your FTPing today!