Soft29.com : Skins :
The desktop alternative and shell-replacement software for Windows - Creating multilevel user defined fullscreen desktops;
Creating Desktop Panels on Windows Desktop.
Talisman is a desktop alternative and shell-replacement for Windows 9x/ME and NT/2000/XP, capable of transforming your desktop into an interface organized as you like. The program's basic purpose: Launch other applications in a new interface, instead of the standard Windows desktop. But the opportunities presented by "Talisman" are much broader. The program does not limit your computer fantasies - draw anything you like and arrange it as your imagination tells you to. When you get tired of looking at the same screen - change it all over again. If you are in a good mood - throw flowers and favorite photos on the screen. If you're not feeling so bright - leave the black screen with lonely Norton Commander or winking Bill Gates. Create invisible buttons - they will open those places and the pictures, known only to you. Construct galleries of the best pictures and photos. Simply create your own little world, created by and for you, instead of staring at the same lines of icons on your desktop, year after year.
With the help of "Talisman" you can create your own interface or use one of the hundreds ready themes that are available in our collections and in the internet. Interface (theme) is a set of screens, forms, "rooms" and objects. All these objects are interactive and respond to movements or clicks of the mouse.
||Get Full Version Only $25.00
|Receive information electronically about registration code and downloading immediately after ordering! 30-day Money Back Guarantee and Free technial supports within 24 hours.
- Creating multilevel user defined fullscreen desktops.
- Creating Desktop Panels on Windows Desktop.
- Opportunity to replace the default shell of Windows 9x/NT/2000/ME/XP explorer.exe with talisman.exe.
- Use of any number of pictures, buttons, obkects of any type or dimension, instead of standard icons.
- Place, free-moving and imposing of objects in the Talisman workspace.
- All objects can run external programs or internal shell commands or http:// URLs by one click of the mouse.
- The number of forms (screens) in one theme is not limited. Any screen object can be set to switch from one form to another.
- You can create a set of independent themes, and store them on any disk in the local computer or on a local area network.
- You can easily switch between different themes through your own objects or through the Talisman menu.
- The Built-in Object Editor allows the creation, modification and removal of any element in a theme.
- Large number of basic elements (forms, pictures, shapes, buttons of different types, text blocks, inputboxes, calendars, clocks, timers, HTML-documents, Flash and VRML documents.
- Customizable taskbar, system tray, clock.
- Sound support for all events.
- Startmenu, foldermenu, taskmenu, controlmenu, custom menu and other menu objects.
- Script language.
- Messages engine for communication with other programs.
- Keyboard control.
- Protection and limited access functions.
The basic sphere of application of "Talisman" is the creation of custom-made interfaces for home and office computers. Talisman Desktop also allows to create:
- Presentation interfaces for Exhibitions, Shows, Advertisement, etc.
- Protected interfaces for Game Clubs, Information Kiosks, Museums, Libraries and other organizations.
- Protected interfaces for Hotels, Schools, Universities and other organizations where the limited set of accessible programs is necessary.
- Children's interfaces.
- HTPC (Home Theater PC), Media Center interfaces.
- Car PC interfaces (built-in car computers).
- Desktop Panels. Desktop Panels covers only a part of desktop. They allow to add Talisman functionality to your standard Windows workspace.
- Tablet PC, touch-screen interfaces.
- Interfaces for companies.
- Other non-standard and protected interfaces for Windows-based computers.